🔗 Share this article Latest Refinery Attack Reveals 'Absolutely No Secure Locations in Russia's Far Hinterland' Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles have struck Russia's Bashneft processing plant in the city of Ufa, located around 1,400 kilometres from the Ukrainian border, resulting in explosions and a blaze, according to a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency. This represents the 3rd Ukrainian security service long-range attack in Bashkortostan in the past month. These strikes show that there are no secure zones in the distant backlines of the Russia. Zelenskyy Calls On Trump to Facilitate Peace in the Conflict Volodymyr Zelenskyy urged President Trump to broker peace in the Ukrainian conflict during a telephone conversation on Saturday. "Provided that a conflict can be stopped in one region, then undoubtedly additional conflicts can be halted as well, including the conflict with Russia," he stated, commending the US President's "outstanding" Gaza truce proposal and urging the US president to pressure the Moscow into discussions. Russian Assaults Kill Victims in Ukraine Strikes by Russia on Ukraine killed at least five people on the weekend and cut power to sections of Ukraine's south Odesa area, according to local sources. A pair of individuals died in a place of worship in the town when it was targeted, as reported by municipal sources. In Russia's frontier area of the Belgorod region, a vehicle operator was lost his life by a Ukrainian strike, as stated by regional authorities. Power Repair Efforts in the Capital Efforts carried on on the weekend to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after strikes by Moscow. Power had been recovered to more than 800,000 citizens by the weekend and the biggest private energy company announced the key work to recover electricity was concluded though some outages continued. Anti-Aircraft Operations and Drone Interceptions Ukraine's defense forces downed or disrupted 54 out of 78 total UAVs from Russia deployed against Ukraine in the dark hours, the aerial defense command announced on the weekend. Russia's military authorities stated it shot down 42 UAVs from Ukraine over Russian territory. Cuba Rejects Accusations of Providing Forces to Ukraine Havana on Saturday denied American allegations it has deployed military personnel to engage in the conflict in Ukraine, while stating officials in Havana "lack exact details about individuals" participating "voluntarily" or "in the military forces of the conflicting parties". The foreign ministry in the capital said 26 Cubans had been given prison terms to jail sentences from five up to fourteen years for mercenary involvement since September 2023 when reports emerged of individuals being deployed to the battlefield in Ukraine. Surrender Initiative Program Reports Information on Cuban National Enlistment The program, a official Kyiv project that urges opposing fighters to lay down arms, stated in spring: "We reliably know the personal data of 1,028 Cuban nationals who entered into agreements with the Russian armed forces in recently." The Cuban authorities said of those who might be participating: "It is irrefutable that not a single one possesses the backing, commitment, or approval of the Cuban authorities for their actions." Relatives of individuals who left for the Russian Federation in 2023 told international media at the time that their family members had been deceptively recruited through promotions on digital networks.